The Vicar’s Relief Fund
Preventing and alleviating homelessness throughout the UK
The VRF is a homelessness prevention fund. We offer a rapid response service by awarding small but essential grants to help alleviate housing difficulties for vulnerable people in their time of need. We aim to respond to all applications within three working days of them being submitted.
Who can apply?
We do not accept applications from the general public. Instead we rely on support workers employed by agencies working to alleviate and prevent homelessness to apply on behalf of the people they are supporting. Most of our applications come from homeless charities, local authorities, charity-based housing associations, Citizen’s Advice, and other statutory organisations like the National Probation Service.
How the VRF can help:
- We accept applications from support workers for people who:
- are currently at risk of imminent street homelessness due to the accumulation of rent arrears or the repossession of rented property
- are currently experiencing street homelessness or residing in supported accommodation and need assistance in helping to clear historic rent arrears before being considered for rehousing
- are currently experiencing street homelessness or residing in temporary accommodation and need assistance in gathering a deposit, rent in advance and/or agency fees towards securing new accommodation
- after a period of homelessness, have recently secured new accommodation and need help setting up their new home with the purchase of either a cooker, fridge-freezer, beds, bedding and/or carpeting or after a period of homelessness, have recently secured new accommodation and need help with their removal costs.
What is the maximum amount I can apply for?
The amount you can apply for is restricted depending on what it is you are applying for; however, we award grants up to a maximum of £350.00.
How can I apply?
In order to make an application, support workers and the organisation they represent must be registered to the Vicar’s Relief Fund. Please note that we do not accept registrations from volunteers.
To begin the registration process, click the box on the bottom right of this page.